We advise and represent our clients in a wide and diverse range of matters before all levels of courts and various administrative tribunals, commissions and agencies in the non-occupied areas of Cyprus.
More importantly, we provide general counsel to assist our clients in ordering their affairs so that litigation may be avoided whenever reasonably possible. Even where litigation appears unavoidable, we help our clients assess the practicality and viability of alternative dispute mechanisms, such as arbitration and mediation, in order to determine the appropriate strategy in each case (see our Alternative Dispute Resolution Practice).
Our civil litigation practices includes:
all types of negligence actions, from product liability claims and defense, to negligent misstatements, to personal injury, etc...
- contractual remedies and enforcement, including damage claims, interpretation, injunctions and specific performance,
- with a particular expertise in commercial disputes
- insurance defense, including defense of professional liability, long term liability and life claims
- municipal law, including issues relating to land development, disputes by or with municipalities and their
- related entities, by-law interpretation and enforcement, etc...
- shareholder and corporate disputes, from oppression remedy cases, to enforcement of shareholders agreements,
- to directors' and officers' liability
- enforcement of foreign judgments and court orders in Cyprus
- enforcement of Cyprus judgments and court orders internationally
- appellate proceedings at all levels, right up to the Cyprus Supreme Court
Our lawyers provide pre-litigation advice and strategic counseling, and represent clients, not only in national courts in Cyprus, where we have deep experience and a track record of success, but also in other European countries and in international tribunals, where strategic guidance, political and cultural insight, and experience with local counsel frequently make a world of difference in reaching a successful outcome in foreign courts.