Mergers & Acquisitions
Mergers & Acquisitions
We are able to advise and assist our clients on a wide diversity of Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) transactions taking place within the boundaries or beyond the boundaries of a particular country (global mergers and acquisitions or cross-border mergers and acquisitions), and this from origination to integration, whether buying or selling a business or investment, in each instance seeking to deliver optimal value for our clients.
Our long term relationships with a significant number of other professionals in the worldwide M&A community enable us to pursue our clients’ objectives aggressively, and provide them with a full range of services around both local and cross-border or global M&A transactions, including, without limitation, assistance with identifying appropriate acquisition and divestiture candidates to financial modeling, deal structuring, due diligence and capital sourcing.
Areas of expertise in M&A transactions include, without limitation:
• Advice and assistance, as it relates to regulatory approvals and authorizations (competition law filings and approvals)
• Advise on M&A strategies for domestic and cross-border transactions
• Advice and assistance, as it relates to M&A process management and related advisory support
• Advice and assistance, as it relates to M&A negotiation advisory support
• Comprehensive advisory support for M&A structuring
• Comprehensive advisory and execution support for cross-border or global M&A
• Comprehensive transaction support, including, without limitation:
- Advice and assistance, as it relates to deal structuring
- Identification of key issues
- Due diligence process & investigations
- Negotiation assistance
- Advice and assistance, as it relates to the preparation of contractual documentation (heads of agreement,
merger and acquisition agreements, operating agreements, shareholder agreements, closing documentation, etc…
- Post-closing assistance
We have a vast experience representing companies in negotiated and contested M&A matters in a wide variety of contexts, including competitive auctions, exclusive transactions, club deals, carve-outs and joint ventures. Our lawyers have participated in all types of M&A transactions on a global basis.
We base our approach on the recognition that a modern law firm's value proposition in M&A has moved from a fixation on deal papers and the conduct of ritualistic due diligence to true risk assessment, value-creation through transactional structuring, new governance processes, and the ability to marshal numerous practice disciplines on a seamless and cost-effective basis, frequently in multi-jurisdictional, even global, transactional settings.
We bring our extensive experience and scalable resources to bear on a real-time, cost-effective basis in the following areas:
- Negotiated acquisitions and dispositions
- Strategic mergers of equals
- Cross-border transactions
- Take-private transactions
- Special committee and other independent director representations
- Unsolicited bids and proxy contests
- Activist investor defense
- Takeover defense planning
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
We offer the full range of legal capabilities necessary to achieve success in your transactions. Whether a transaction gives rise to antitrust review, employee benefits considerations, tax efficient structuring, intellectual property safeguards or other issues, our M&A team benefits from lawyers in our other practice areas with deep experience applying their subject matter knowledge within the context of M&A transactions.